Hi there, this Neitya, and in this edition I will share with you some handy tips on how to keep your skin looking great this summer…
As the weather finally begins to cool, it’s easy to lose track of time when you’re out and about in the sunshine. Before you know it, you’ve exposed your skin to hours of sunshine, and we all know the risks involved in that! So, here are some tips to avoid sun damage.
TAKE PRECAUTIONS TO AVOID SUN DAMAGE
- Avoid going outside home during peak hours (12 pm to 4pm)
- Wear protective clothes when you go outside
- Wear hats and sunglasses
- Try to carry an umbrella whenever you are going outside
- Seek shade whenever possible
- Apply sunscreen before going outside
SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES TO REFRESH SUN-EXPOSED SKIN
Lemon is a great heeler of sun-exposed skin, due to its refreshing properties
- After applying fresh lemon juice on the affected area, let it dry and then rinse the area with water
- You can also add a spoonful of sugar in one lemon juice and apply it on the skin. Continue for 2-3 weeks for faster result.
Aloe Vera has the properties of cleansing and nourishing the skin within a week, if used regularly on the affected area.
- Before going to bed, apply fresh Aloe Vera gel on the affected skin and rinse it off with cold water after it gets dry.
Surprisingly, the potato, which gives your tummy a delight, can also give your skin a delight too! Due to the rich vitamin C property, this helps in smoothing the skin.
- Peel 2-3 medium sized potatoes, then cut them into blocks and blend them to make a paste (you can also add lemon juice for best results) to apply on the affected area
- After leaving the paste to dry for 30-40 minutes, rinse it off with cold water.
Cucumber juice is extremely refreshing and it’s an anti-oxidant. It gives your skin a cooling effect and smoothes the skin. It also keeps the skin moisturised, nourished and relaxed.
- Take a bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of fresh cucumber juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and add a pinch of turmeric into the mixture. Mix well and apply on the skin. Leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse off with water.
- You can also scrub a freshly cut slice of cucumber on your skin.
Almond contains healthy protein, fibre, magnesium, fats and vitamins. It is not only good for our health and brain, its paste also cleanses, scrubs and evens your skin tone
- Soak 5-6 almonds in water and blend them with milk to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on your skin before going to bed and leave it overnight. The next morning, rinse it off.
- Do this regularly for the first 15 days and then repeat it twice a week.