Real learning for a real future
The Aquila School aims to raise creative, independent and resilient design thinkers with lessons that have a real sense of purpose.
There are many schools in Dubai – and as each year new schools open, families become overwhelmed when looking for a place to enrol their children – whether they are new to the UAE or are looking for a different experience.
One new school opening in September 2018 is The Aquila School located between Skycourt Towers and The Villa in Dubailand. The school is being led by two well-known figures who already have an enviable track record here in the UAE. Wayne Howsen, Principal, and Kylie Cleworth, Head of Primary, have previously led one of the Aldar Academies in Abu Dhabi – the first school in the emirate to be graded as outstanding, and the only one to receive the grade twice. This means that The Aquila School is being led by experienced people who understand what it takes to create a successful school in the UAE.
The Aquila School will initially open from FS1 to Y6, with further year groups added each year to eventually become a 3-18 school offering the IB World Curriculum, a range of BTec courses and the International GCSEs. This range of qualifications reflects the school’s commitment to give children and students choices in their learning pathways, which would be evident from a very early age.
As well as focusing on academic excellence and selecting the best bits of the English National Curriculum and the International Primary Curriculum, the school will focus on creative thinking and technology through art and design, fostering curiosity and self-motivation. By doing this, the school will aim to be a leading example, globally, of a design thinking school. The class teachers have been recruited from the U.K. (and the school’s leader’s previous school) and will ensure the school delivers on these key areas:
The Aquila Promise
- Your child will learn at levels that will amaze them and you – we guarantee they will make as much progress as possible in all areas.
- Your child will love coming to our school.
- We will communicate with you about your child’s learning and all aspects of life in our busy school in ways you haven’t experienced before.
- Our curriculum will inspire your children to be creative, independent and resilient design thinkers with lessons that have a real sense of purpose – underpinned by academic rigour.
- Our school will be the heart of the local community – with a shared sense of purpose that helps your child develop as broadly as possible.
Aquila Pupils are in line for really exciting and motivating educational experiences.
Source: Khaleej Times