A law degree is aimed to teach serious advocacy skills, authorizing one to claim in favour of any cause. Lawyers advise clients and provide solutions to legal issues at both, public and private level. They understand laws and rules and prepare legal documents. They debate and argue at the courts and take decisions on legal matters. People in this field work in various corporate houses,administrative services,law agencies, litigation, law firms. Opportunities in the field of law include corporate law, civil law, corporate management, patent law,administrative service and legal services.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 –Pass Class XII in Any Stream.
- Graduation –Pursue BA.LLB/ BBA.LLLB/ B.Com. LLB or Pursue Graduation in any Discipline.
- After Graduation –Pursue LLM in Multiple Specialization or Pursue LLB.
- After post-graduation–Pursue PhD in Multiple Specializations or Pursue LLM in Multiple Specializations.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree program
- Master of Laws (LL.M.)
- Doctor of Juridical Science (S.J.D.)
Who can hire?
Corporate houses,law firms, law agencies,administrative services and litigation and many more.
Most practicing lawyers work for law firms, government agencies or corporate legal departments. Some are focus in a specific area, such as corporate or cyber law. Some lawyers guide clients and represent them in court. E.g., a criminal lawyer may provide a client with authorized options, argue on his or her behalf in front of a judge and re-examine witnesses. Certain institutions permit law students to spend a year studying abroad, mainly if they are combining law with a foreign language.