Highly sought-after global prize for education announces 2020 launch.
The 7th edition of the GESS Education Awards has launched with a call for entries from education stakeholders around the world.
The Dubai-based education recognition programme, held in conjunction with the GESS Dubai exhibition and conference, which is scheduled on 25-27 February 2020 at the Dubai World Trade Centre, will honour stellar achievements of teachers, schools and educational professionals; as well as suppliers and/or distributors of outstanding education-focused products and solutions.
“The awards recognise the quality and diversity of educational products, resources, services and people as well as the best educational establishments and the most dedicated members of the teaching profession around the world. We hope to raise the standards for educational services and product quality throughout the industry and to be considered throughout the sector as the accolade of excellence,” said Matt Thompson, Project Director, Tarsus F&E, organisers of the annual awards programme.
Last year, organisers received nominations from 45 countries and proclaimed winners from 11 different nations, marking the awards’ global reach and renown.
Over 14 awards will be given to companies and brands supplying education products and services to schools in the Middle East. Eight other awards will honour teachers, schools and education professionals for their remarkable achievements, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, which will be given to an individual who has contributed significantly to the overall advancement of education in the Middle East. This special award category is sponsored by Taaleem, a leading school operator based in the region.
Entries will be evaluated according to a rigorous judging criteria by an esteemed panel of judges that include some of the most respected names in the education, business and technology industries, including Aleksi Komu, Director of Global Partnerships in Education, ThingLink; Jonathan Hughes -D’Aeth, Former Headmaster of Repton School Dubai & Former CEO of Evolvence Knowledge Investments; Prof Dr Ger Graus OBE Global Director of Education – KidZania; Steve Bambury, Independent Technology Consultant; and eminent educator Dr. Ashok Kumar, CEO, The Indian High School Dubai.
Nominations are now open on www.gesssawards.com and are due on 13 December 2019.
Awards for Suppliers and Distributors
- Early Years Resource/Equipment Supplier of the Year
- Primary Resource/Equipment Supplier of the Year
- Secondary and Higher Education Resource/Equipment Supplier of the Year
- SEN and Inclusive Resource/Equipment Supplier of the Year
- Best Free App/Software Product
- Best Paid for App/Software Product
- Best Digital/VR/AI Product
- Best Product to Promote Health, Fitness and Sports in the Classroom
- Best Product to Promote Arts, Music and Drama in the Classroom
- Best Sustainable/Eco-Friendly Product
- Start-up Company of the Year
- Innovation Product Awards (Digital/Coding/Software)
- Innovation Product Awards (non-ICT/Equipment/Hardware)
- Best CSR Programme for Education
Awards for TEACHERS, SCHOOLS AND EDUCATION PROFESSIONALS
- Best Use of Digital Learning in the Classroom
- Best Use of STEM Learning in the Classroom
- Ambassador for the Environment
- Community Award for Citizenship
- Innovation in Education Award
- Best Initiative for Inclusion and Well-Being
- Outstanding Contribution in Education Award