Power Engineering is a subset of ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING with focus on generation, transmission, utilization and distribution of electric power and allied accessories like transformers, generators and motors. They are work on generation transform other forms of energy into electric power. Power engineer designs, plans, operates, maintains and renews different systems in electric power generation, improves efficiency of power distribution and minimizes losses in transmission systems.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Science Stream (Maths compulsory)
- Graduation – Pursue B.Tech in Power Engineering
- After Graduation – Pursue M.Tech
- After Post Graduation – Pursue Ph.D.
- Degree of Engineering Major Power Engineering
- Bachelor Engineering in Major Power Engineering
- Graduate Certificate of Engineering in Power Engineering
- Graduate Diploma of Engineering Science Specialization in Power Engineering
- Master Engineering Science Specialization in Power Engineering
Who can hire?
Transmission & Distribution industries, Power Generation industries, Electronics Industries, Process Industries, Software Industries and Steel Plants in Power Electronics Industries, AC/ DC drive Industries etc. can hire power engineer.
Power engineers work on many industries. They are also employed in universities, schools, apartment buildings, hospitals, airports, government facilities, hotels, shopping malls, refineries, power generation stations/plants, mines, food production plants, industrial and manufacturing plants, pulp mills, breweries, petrochemical plants, co-generation plants, commercial and office buildings and other workplaces. Power engineers are normally work shifts, and sometimes work on weekends and holidays.