Meteorology is the scientific study of the atmosphere and its elements, which mainly focuses on the weather, forecasting and climate.The field comprises both climate and weather and is concerned with the physical, chemical and dynamical state of the Earth’s atmosphere and interactions between the Earth’s surface and the atmosphere.
To make a career in meteorology, one must have sufficient interest, knowledge and educational standard. There are numerous satisfying career opportunities for meteorologist.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII in Science Stream.
- Graduation – Pursue B.Sc. Meteorology/ /Computer Science/Physics/Mathematics/ or Pursue B.Tech in Atmospheric Sciences.
- After Graduation – Pursue M.Sc. Meteorology/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Disaster Management or Pursue M. Tech Atmospheric Sciences.
- After Post graduation – Pursue Ph.D.
- Sc. in Meteorology
- Diploma in Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences
- Tech Meteorology/Atmospheric Science
- Tech Meteorology
- PhD in Meteorology
Who can hire?
Meteorology Department, Space Application Center, Air Force, National Remote Sensing Agency, Space Research Organization, Defense Research and Development Organization.
Meteorologists find jobs generally in government sector. But, some private companies also recruit atmospheric experts for control the environmental pollution. A nation’s Military operations such as airplane flights, troop movements, ship movements and missile launches depend on accurate weather information. So, the role of a meteorologist becomes essential.There are good opportunities for external assignment to military bases and outposts through the world.Space application centers also hire meteorologists as the launching of satellite.