Climatologists work to predict the weather on the basis of atmospheric conditions. Their discoveries help society in planning activities, designing buildings and infrastructure, and anticipating the effects of adverse conditions.
A branch of meteorology concerned with the study and forecasting of weather using synoptic weather observations and charts.
This particular branch of meteorology deals with the study of atmospheric motion to describe the atmospheric processes through mathematical equations.
It involves the study of weather to analyse its effect on crops, to aid the improvement of crop yield and quality, and minimize the adverse effect of weather on crops.
It is a branch of metereology dealing with the impact of weather and climate on air traffic management. It aims to help air crews understand the consequences of weather conditions for their flight plan and aircraft.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream||Pursue B.Sc. Meteorology/ Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science for 3 years||Pursue M.Sc. Meteorology/ Atmospheric Sciences/ Disaster Management for 1-2 years||Ph. D for 2-3 years|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream||Pursue B.Tech in Atmospheric Sciences for 4 years||Pursue M. Tech Atmospheric Sciences for 2 years.||Ph.D. for 2-3 years|
- Most colleges have an eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII with Science Stream.
- B.Sc./ M.Sc. Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences is available as a course only in selected colleges.
- Atmospheric Science requires a strong base in science, especially Physics.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Collect data from satellite images, radars, remote sensors and weather stations all over the world
- Measure factors such as air pressure, temperature and humidity levels at various atmospheric levels
- Analyze and present information to customers in the form of weather briefings
- Code weather reports for transmission over international networks
- Apply physical and mathematical relationships and sophisticated computer models to make short and long-range weather forecasts
- Liaise with colleagues and clients around the country and worldwide.
- Investigate into subjects such as airflow in the lowest kilometer of the atmosphere, the physics of clouds and precipitation, or global climatic changes
- Monitor climate variability and changes
- Examine seasonal forecasting, ocean forecasting and climate changes