Disaster management is the best career opportunity field, it deals with the supervision of programs and resources in order to arrange and respond to emergency conditions created by natural disasters such as tsunamis, flood,tornadoes and earthquakes. Experts in this field undertake the duty of preparation, rescue, rehabilitation and recovery measures in the event of natural disasters, in order to reduce their influence.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII in Any stream
- Graduation – Pursue B.A. / B.Sc. in any field.
- After Graduation – Pursue P.G Diplomain Disaster Management or Pursue M.A/ M.Sc./MBA in Disaster Management / Certification Programs of Disaster Management.
- After Post graduation – Pursue Ph.D.
- Certificate programme in Disaster Management
- PG Diploma programme in Disaster Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Disaster Management
- Master’s Degree in Disaster Management
Who can hire?
Drought management departments, Fire departments,relief agencies and law enforcement authorities.
Careers in disaster management are generally in Govt. sector, jobs with emergency services such as law enforcement,relief agencies, local authorities, non-governmental and international organizations such as the United Nations, etc. Careers in Private sector are also available while satisfying their corporate social duties. Workshopsand Training on disaster management are helpful to civil servants, civil engineers,defence and police personnel, fire fighters and other defensive service workers.