Corporate veterinary medicine
Corporations that provide veterinary care, test human drugs for safety, or produce animal-related products.
Food supply medicine
Veterinarians in this profile work in animal food and animal medicine industry.
Veterinarians work with communities and private or public agencies to ensure the health and well being of animal populations housed in shelters.
Working in a university setting or with companies that produce animal-related products or pharmaceuticals.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in Science with Biology stream||Pursue B.V.Sc for 5 years||Pursue M.V.Sc for 2 year||Pursue Ph.D for 4-5 years|
|Clear Class XII in Science with Biology stream||Pursue B.V.Sc for 5 years||Diploma/Post Graduation Diploma 1-2 Years B.V.Sc||Diploma/Post Graduation Diploma 2-3 Years M.V.Sc|
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Diagnose and treat animals suffering from sickness
- Provide animals with suitable medications and perform surgeries when necessary
- Provide vaccinations to avoid infections
- Perform various laboratory tests with specialised equipments to ensure right treatment
- Spread awareness to promote animal healthcare
- Carry out research to discover more about animals and their physiology
- Euthanize animals who are in critical conditions
- Perform duties in line with the ethical standards