It is the branch of the dentistry that deals with the study and treatment of the dental pulp.It is the practice of basic clinical science including the biology of the normal pulp, diagnosis , treatment and prevention of diseases .Their job also includes treating the injuries of the pulp and they carry the root canal procedures.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
It is the branch of dentistry that focuses on surgery to treat the diseases of the mouth, jaw and face.They carry out research and diagnose the diseases using clinical, radiographic, microscopic, biochemical or other kind of examinations.
Orthodontics deals with the diagnosis, prevention and correction of malpositioned teeth , jaws and facial irregularities.
The branch of Dentistry that deals with the care for teeth, gums and mouth of children.
The branch of dentistry concerned with the diseases related to the gum.They are trained in the latest techniques for diagnosing and treating the periodontal disease. They are also trained to carry cosmetic periodontal procedures.
Prosthodontics deals with the design, manufacture, and fitting of artificial replacements of teeth and other parts of the mouth.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in Science with Biology stream||Graduation Program 5 years BDS (4 Years of study + 1 Year Internship)||Post Graduation Program 2 years MDS||Post Graduation Program 2-3 years Ph.D|
|Clear Class XII in Science with Biology stream||Graduation Program 5 years BDS (4 Years of study + 1 Year Internship)||Diploma/Post Graduation Diploma 1-2 years After BDS||Diploma/Post Graduation Diploma 1-2 years After MDS|
- Most colleges have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII / and some of minimum 60%. Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit
- Internship Is compulsory for BDS of 5 year program.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Take care of the oral health of the patients of all ages
- Specialise in teeth cleaning and polishing, cavity fillings, root canaling, tooth removing, teeth straightening and other issues related to jaws and gums
- Spread awareness about good dental health
- Rely on various tests and equipments for effective treatment
- Prescribe appropriate medications
- Communicate with the patients with empathy and care
- Organise case histories and manage accounts through frequent updates
- Keep a check on the staff and guide them appropriately
- Perform duties in-line with the ethical standards