Zoology is a science that includes the study of the animal kingdom, i.e., both living and non-living. Zoologists, are otherwise called Animal Scientists. Zoologists are study in-depth about the structure, physiology, life processes, and classification of different species. They also research how different animals interact with each other animals and adjust to their environments. They analyse on both the species and individual organisms by examining and collecting resources in laboratories and outdoor environments.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology
- Graduation – Pursue B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology or B.Sc. (Hons) Life Sciences or B.Sc. (Hons) Biological Sciences.
- After Graduation – Pursue M.Sc. Zoology or M.Sc. In Life Sciences.
- After Post graduation – Pursue Ph.D.
- Bachelor’s Degree in zoology
- Master’s Degree in zoology
- D. in zoology
Who can hire?
Environmental protection agencies, zoos or wildlife parks, government agencies, research institutions, the National Health Service, medical research establishments, environmental and animal charities, schools, colleges, libraries and museums, science centres, environmental consultancies, universities and research institutes, pharmaceutical and petroleum companies, animal nutrition companies and aquaculture.
Nowadays, the career opportunities for zoologist is increasing in a rapid manner. A higher level job with more pay and research options, after completing a master’s degree in zoology. Research at this level is used to develop new plans and ideas for conservation of certain animal species.