Biochemistry is otherwise known as Biological Chemistry, takes together the disciplines of Chemistry and Biology. It is study about the chemical processes of living organisms. It tries to understand the biological organisms through the study of chemical processes and biological molecules within living cells. By this knowledge, biochemists try to solve and understand biological problems. Thus, they make important assistance to the scientific and medical advancements in various field, including health, agriculture and environment.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII with Science Stream
- Graduation – Pursue B.Sc. (Hons) Biochemistry or B.Sc. (Hons) Biological Sciences or B.Sc. Life Sciences or B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry.
- After Graduation – Pursue M.Sc. Biochemistry
- After Post graduation – Pursue Ph.D.
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Master of Science in Biochemistry
- Phil. in Biochemistry
- D. in Biochemistry
Who can hire?
Environment Agency, government departments, forensic science services Center, universities, research institutes and National Health Service Center.
Career opportunities of Biochemistry can be virtually unlimited: hospitals, private research institutions, and government agencies, non-profit and social organizations all search for good biochemists. Their aims are generally similar – to experiment, research, conduct trials and find medicines for diseases like AIDS and cancer and even mental disorders. Medications keep a sharp eye out for biochemistry expert.