Today tourism is a booming industry and peoples are traveling to and staying in places outside their usual location for vacation, business or other purposes. Working in a travel industry you must have a comprehensive knowledge of different regions. Travel industry provides you an opportunity to either travel to numerous destination or check clients make efficient decisions regarding their tour and travel. If you love travelling and exploring places then you can look forward to working in this industry.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 –Pass Class XII in Any Stream.
- Graduation –Pursue B.A. Tourism Administration BBA- Tourism for or Pursue Diploma/Certificate.
- After Graduation –Pursue MBA/M.A/PGDM or Pursue PGDM/Certificate course.
- Bachelor of Business: Travel and Tourism
- Bachelor in International Leisure Management
- Bachelor in Tourism Business Management
- Master of Tourism Management
Who can hire?
Travel agencies, event manager, holiday consultant,ticketing officer, international or domestic airports,cruises, adventure tourism expert,tourism departments in government and private sectors.
Careers in tourism offer several diverse roles and sets. Tourism careers employedon a cruise ship, in a resort, in a hotel, in an adventure sports centre, as a tour guide leading activities and as a travel guide writer or as a flight attendant or driver. Persons in this field should have anaffection andappreciation for travel, strong coordination and logistic skills to coordinate trips, services, accommodation and schedules, and enjoy working with people. Numerous individuals following a career in tourism have specific skills and interest in particular activities.Careers in tourism can offer unconventional and exciting work settings and chances.