Hotel/ Restaurant Industry
Be part of the leading 5 star hotels/ restaurants chains in the country and be responsible for managing multiple departments such as Operations, Conference/ Banquets, Culinary Arts, Front Office, Food & Production, Spa, Housekeeping etc.
Cruise Liners are emerging to be the most sought after destination amongst Hotel Management Graduates. Opportunities in Cruise Lines are characterized by high pay packages and exotic destinations.
One can join the airline industry and be part of the cabin crew or ground staff. Lucrative opportunities exist in both domestic airlines & international airlines.
- Be part of the team, which manages the leading malls & cineplexes in the country.
- Be part of the leading corporate firms and be responsible for functions such as Guest Relations, Customer Service & Public Relations
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Pursue BSC/BA in Hotel Management for 3-4 years or BBA hospitality (3year)||Pursue MSC/MBA/MA in Hotel Management for 2 years||Pursue Ph.D in Hotel Management for 2-3 years|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Pursue Diploma in Hotel Management for 6 months to 1 year||Pursue Diploma/Post Graduation Diploma in Hotel Management for 1-2 years||–|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Study abroad for 6 months – 1 year||Study abroad for 6 months – 1 year||–|
*3 year graduation programs are not AICTE approved and need to be supplemented with a course from IGNOU
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Coordinate with and manage different departments for the smooth running of the hotel
- Handle the financial matters and look after the expenditure of the hotel
- Look after the maintenance of the hotel
- Work towards providing highest quality of services to the clients
- Recruit, train and monitor the staff
- Do periodic assessment of the hotel and its departments
- Come up with quick solutions to problems to avoid the inconvenience to the clients
- Maintain the harmony among staff members
- Set a good example to the staff members which will motivate them to work efficiently
- Take care of the ethical concerns while governing a hotel
- Work on the feedbacks provided by the customers as well as other staff members