A chef is an experienced and skilled individual who is not only responsible for the cooking of the food, but also for the presentation of food, supervision of the kitchen and staff members.
A culinary chef who specializes in catering not only manage the food and drinks, but also to the arrangement of the venue and decor. Catering can be for hotels, private catering or even mobile catering for a station.
A baker is a skilled individual who specialises in baking ingredients to produce a variety of recipes, breads, and other goods
A pastry chef is an individual trained in making pastries and baked goods, such as breads, cookies, etc.
- A sommelier creates the wine list at high end restaurants, interacts with customers and staff in order to suggest wines, and how they could be paired with the food
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Pursue BA. Culinary Arts/ Hotel Management Catering & Technology (HMCT) for 4 years||Pursue Diploma/Post Grad Diploma for 6 months to 1 year||–|
|Clear Class XII in any stream||Pursue BBA in Hospitality and Culinary Education B. Sc. in Catering and Culinary Arts for 3 years||Pursue Diploma/Post Grad Diploma for 6 months to 1 year||–|
|Clear Class XII in Any stream||Pursue Diploma in Chef’s Management/ Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management for 3 years||Pursue Diploma/Post Grad Diploma in chef’s management for 1 year||–|
Some colleges have the provision of direct admission on the basis of 12th marks
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Expertise in cooking different types of cuisines
- Innovate with ingredients to come up with unique dishes
- Supervise the whole process of cooking, along with its arrangement and creative presentation
- Use different tools and machines for food processing
- Be aware of the advantages and disadvantages of diverse food items
- Keep a check on the quality and hygiene of the food that is being presented
- Work in accordance with the policies of the organisation
- Oversee the stock levels, supplies and other managerial duties in the kitchen
- Use proficient organisation skills to manage different tasks at once
- Regulate one’s own personality, health and hygiene to look more promising