Electric power generation, transmission and distribution
Electrical & Electronics Engineers can work across industries such as in telecom, transportation network, IT, airplane & airspace manufacturing, and production, transmission & distribution of power.
Navigational, measuring, electrometrical and control instruments manufacturing
Engineers in this field design, develop and maintain the electrical, electronics and computer control system to the required specifications, while focusing on economy, reliability, safety, sustainability and quality.
Semiconductor and other electronic component manufacturing
Electrical & Electronics Engineers supervise the manufacturing of sensitive electronic components and devices.
Electrical & Electronics Engineers help manufacture machinery equipment/ hardware.
HOW DO I PROGRESS ?
- Most colleges have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII / and some require minimum of 60%
- Must have passed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English
- Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit
- Electronics Engineering as a separate programme is available in some of the colleges
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″]
- Design new products, write down requirements for their enhanced performance, as well as develop maintenance schedules and charts.
- Test equipment and machinery, solve operational problems, estimate time and cost of electrical and electronic products.
- Supervise the production of electrical and electronic equipments and machinery such as broadcast and telecommunication systems, electric motors, controls of machinery, lights and wiring in building complexes, vehicles, aircraft, radar and navigation systems.
- Utilize ferroelectric, nonlinear, photo-conductive, and thermoelectric properties of materials.
- Develop new applications of conductance of metallic & non-metallic materials to be used in components.
- Estimate material, construction, and labour costs, and project timescales
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programmes.