[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WHAT ALL CAN I DO?” header_color=”#e88f1b”][/td_block_text_with_title]
A Permanent Professor in universities usually holds an open-ended position that covers teaching, research, and administrative responsibilities. Permanent Professorship are tenured positions. A candidate generally starts out as an Assistant Professor, who may be promoted based on his or her research record, to become a Senior Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Associate Professor (Sr) and Professor on the basis of Basic Pay and Grade Pay. The Promotional experience is different from Central Universities to State Universities and also it is vary for Open Positions and Promotional Positions.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Pass 12th Class in Any Stream||Pursue Graduation for 3-4 years in any discipline||Pursue Post Graduation for 2 years in any discipline/concerned discipline||Pursue Ph.D for 3-5 years in the same discipline/Clear UGC or CSIR-UGC NET|
- Most colleges have an eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII / and some of minimum 60%. For Post Graduation program some colleges/universities do their own Entrance test and/or Interview for selection.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Deliver lectures, seminars and tutorials
- Develop and implement new methods of teaching to reflect changes in research
- Set exam papers and mark/ score examinations
- Support students through a pastoral or advisory role
- Undertake personal research projects and actively contribute to the institution’s research profile
- Write research papers and prepare it for publication
- Supervise students’ research activities
- Complete continuous professional development (CPD) and participate in staff training activities
- Carry out administrative tasks related to the department, such as student admissions, induction programmes and involvement in committees and boards