Jewellery designers work in designer boutiques to design, and create luxury pieces that are customer pleasing and go with their style and taste.
Jewellery designers often tie up with retail chains to design and create pieces that appeal to the mass audience and are put for sale at all locations of the retail brand.
Television and Film Industry
Jewelry Designers work in the film and television industry to design and create custom pieces for actors and actresses playing various roles. They often study the plot of the film and understand the characters.
Accessory designing houses
Jewellery designers work in accessory designing houses to design and create jewellery that resonates with the ideology and style of the firm.
Jewellery Designing firms
They work in Jewelry Designing Firms to design and create jewellery that resonates with the ideology and style of the firm.
Jewellery designers in this role work exclusively with gold and often go past ornaments to design and create other objects, like gold pots and plates.
Jewellery designers specializing in gemology, design jewellery with gemstones often for luxury and therapeutic purposes.
Independent Jewellery Designers
Independent designers create their own brand of jewellery to cater to a niche market of their own.
Freelance jewellery designing
Freelancers in jewellery designing either create their own brand of accessories or take up projects independently with other designers to design and create pieces that complement the apparel to be worn with it.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue B.Sc. Fashion Designing/ B. Des. Accessory Design/ B. Des. Jewellery Retail and Export Management for 3- 4 years||Pursue Masters in Fashion Design/ M. Des. Accessory Design for 2 years||–|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue Diploma in Fashion Designing/ Diploma in Jewellery Designing for 1 year||Pursue Advanced Diploma in Fashion Designing/ Advanced Diploma in Jewellery Designing||–|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue B.Sc. Fashion Designing/ B. Des. Accessory Design/ B. Des. Jewellery Retail and Export Management for 3- 4 years||Study Abroad and Pursue Masters in Fine Jewellery Design/ MA Design (Jewellery) for 1 -2 years||–|
- Practical, industrial experience is a must. This can be achieved via internships or upon getting a job.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]The work of a jeweler designer is designing and often making jewellery by means of variety of materials, including gold, silver and precious stones. Typical work of a jewellery designer includes:
- Discuss a design or have brief with clients
- Creating/visualising an idea and producing a design by hand or through computer-aided design (CAD)
- Create models of jewellery which will be manufactured in bulk by other staff or machinery
- Create custom designed jewellery for individual
- Source gemstones, precious metals and other jewellery parts
- Cut, polish and set gemstones or other materials like resins or wood to use in jewellery designs
- Use tools and other equipments like soldering irons, electroplating cell, etc
- Managing business activities like financing and marketing, if working on a self-employed basis