They work in architectural firms to design the interiors of the project the firm is working on. They work on the color scheme, decoration material, styling of the room and furniture design.
- They work in construction firms in order to evaluate, design, and recommend the best interior design aspects for the project. This includes choosing the right color scheme, decorations items, room styling material and furniture design.
Town and city planning bureaus
They work in both town and city planning departments. This way they help to make the city/town more organized and in a same patterned.
Hotels and health resorts
The hotel and resort industry consume a large number Interior designers. They help to bring in luxury interiors, theme interiors, wellness interiors, emotion stimulating interiors to the hotels and wellness resorts.
They work in design studios to work the projects taken up by the studio. They are also required to work in teams to design elements and they also work on complex projects.
Real estate companies
Real estate companies are another domain where the Interior designers are required. Their job is to evaluate, design, recommend and implement interior design. This includes color scheme, decorations, room styling and furniture design.
Independent, self- employed interior designers
They open up their own firms or take up projects independently to consult on design problems of their customers.
Teaching in an institute that offers courses in interior designing
If you are inclined towards teaching, then as an experienced interior designer you may join as a faculty members in colleges. You will get an opportunity to share your expertise and knowledge with the budding interior designers.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue B. Des. Interior Design for 3- 4 years||Pursue M.A. Des. in Interior Design for 2 years||–|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue Diploma in Interior Designing for 1 year||Pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Interior Designing||–|
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Draw out preliminary designing plans, including electrical layouts
- Present design and ideas to clients as per their needs and budgets
- Design final plans and layouts using designing software
- Define timelines for the interior design project and estimate associated project costs
- Work closely with architects, structural & mechanical engineers to determine how interior spaces will look and be furnished
- Coordinate and oversee the progress of the entire project
- Source relevant materials and oversee the installation of the design elements
- Stay abreast of recent progress in the design industry