Fashion designing is one of the very glamorous and lucrative career option for anyone with a passion in this field. Now one may choose to expert in any one of the sub-fields of fashion such as Jewellers designing, Apparel designing and Accessory designing. The choices are unlimited! The career of a fashion designer is very demanding which comprises meeting daily goals, managing a team and dealing with workers effectively. Clever people in this domain enjoy success, glamour & high compensation.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 –Pass Class XII in Any Stream.
- Graduation –Pursue B.Sc. Fashion Designing/ B. Des. Fashion Design.
- After Graduation –Pursue M.A. Des. In Fashion Design/ M. Des. In Fashion Design or Pursue PG-Diploma in Fashion Designing.
- Associate’s Degree in Fashion Design
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- Master’s Degree in Fashion Design
Who can hire?
Garment/handloom/textile exports, Government/Semi government-textile/handloom manufacturers, Fashion publishers/Fashion show organizers, TV/Film fashion program comperes/producers/costume designers.
Fashion designers are not bound by licensing or certification requirements. But, consumer demand their need to stay forward of fashion trends. Fashion experts constantly need to stand-in their creative and unique vision, improve their keen eye for colour. Those designers involved in managing international fashion houses may find a master’s degree in fashion.
Numerous fashion designers attend annual fashion shows or conferences to help them maintain their skill, keep modern with their fashion viewpoints and promote their own fashion collections.