Accessory designers work in apparel manufacturing industry to amalgamate accessories that best suit the garment and complete the look.
Accessory designers tie up with wholesalers to mass produce/ mass retail their accessories. They design a variety of accessories that pair up with garments to complete the look.
Television and Film Industry
They design costumes and apparel to be donned by the who’s who of the film and television industry. They often consider the plot of the movies and complexities of the characters in doing so.
Leather accessory designing
Accessory designers specializing in leather accessories make use of leather to design and then create designs that complement garments. This is a relatively new take in accessory designing and often encompass belts and bands.
Accessory designers specializing in jewelry design, design and then create jewelry that complement garments. This profile encompasses designing earrings, rings, neck pieces, bands, bracelets etc.
Freelance accessory designing
Freelancers in accessory designing either create their own brand of accessories or take up projects independently with other designers to design and create pieces that complement the apparel to be worn with it.
As a gemologist, one is academically trained to identify and evaluate gems. One may be involved in diamond grading or identification of colored gemstones.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue B.Sc. Fashion Designing/ B. Des. Accessory Design for 3- 4 years||Pursue M. Des. (Master of Design) for 2 years||–|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue Diploma in Fashion Designing/ Diploma in Accessory Designing for 1 year||Pursue PG Diploma in Fashion Designing||–|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream||Pursue B.Sc. Fashion Designing/ B. Des. Accessory Design for 3- 4 years||Study Abroad and Pursue Master’s program in luxury accessories design & management/ Masters in Fashion Design for 1 -2 years||–|
- Practical, industrial experience is a must. This can be achieved via internships or upon getting a job.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Research past, present and future fashion and accessory trends to predict the upcoming demands of the customers or consumers
- Design the accessories either by sketching or using software such as CAD
- Develop concept that fulfils the demand and desire of the clients
- Ensure the quality and standard of the product and the materials used
- Create samples before the actual production and modify it
- Supervise and manage production and sale
- Make reports of the market’s situation or reaction towards the product
- Negotiate with dealers and clients and work within the financial budget to ensure the profitable running of the business
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in technology and accessory trends