COMPUTER APPLICATION & IT – Career Road Map
WHAT ALL CAN I DO?
Computer programmers write programs in a variety of computer languages such as C++ and Java, update and expand existing programs, build and use computer-assisted software engineering (CASE) tools to automate the writing of some code, use code libraries to simplify writing and debug programs by testing for and fixing errors.
Software developers are concerned with facets of the software development process such as in design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
Web designers develop and create websites and associated applications. They work in a variety of industries and often as independent contractors and help create and maintain the product, as per the need of their client.
DBA or Database Administrator are bestowed with the job of designing, implementation, maintenance, and repair of an organization’s database. Inter alia DBA professionals are also known as Database coordinators or database programmers in IT sector.
A multimedia/web programmer works with different multimedia features such as, text, sound, graphics, digital photography, 2D/3D modelling, animation and video. The role demands a combination of both creative and technical skills.
Software consultants are responsible for evaluating the client’s business and its IT processes to provide software solutions to enhance business efficiency.
Technical writers have a blend of writing skills and knowledge of technology. As a technical writer one needs to write technical documents such as product descriptions, user manuals, design specifications, project plans and papers.
System Analysts research about the existing problems in systems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend solutions to software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with Any Stream with Maths (Computer Science is recommended)||Pursue BCA/ BSc Computer Science for 3 years||Pursue MCA for 2-3 years||–|
|Clear Class XII in Science Stream with IT/Computer Science/ Similar||Pursue B.Tech in Computer Science for 4 years||Pursue M.Tech for 2 Years||–|
- Some colleges have Maths and Computer Science as mandatory subjects in Class XII
- Must have passed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English
- The minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age varies between 22-25 years for BCA Course
- Design software, operating systems, network control systems and computer games
- Produce computer applications, software and utility programmes based on user’s requirement
- Design and develop website, mobile applications
- Write codes and design programmes for operating systems and software
- Design innovative IT solutions to drive businesses and increase efficiency
- Make high level decisions in the architecture and designing of IT products and services
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions
- Ensure that network connectivity throughout a company’s LAN/WAN infrastructure is at par with technical considerations
- Develop & implement the most efficient and cost-effective solutions for business requirement
- Evaluate a client’s business and IT processes to provide software solutions to drive business efficiency