A Prosecutor is a lawyer specializing in economic offenses, he/she is hired to represent the department in court cases involving the department and any other party.
A Tax Assistant calculates and assess individuals total liable tax incurred on their income and the groups they are catogrized in. He/ She needs to be good with number with an attitude to help others to be able to do their job successfully.
An Income Tax Inspector handles and manages various subordinates under him/her. They have the power to search and seize a person/ goods if found suspicious.
Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax
An Assistant Commissioner also known as area manager. He/ she supervises inspectors and other subordinates in the task of collection and vigilance.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with any stream||Graduation in any stream with minimum 55% marks||Clear Income Tax Department Test||–|
|Clear Class XII with any stream||Graduation in any stream with minimum 55% marks||Clear Civil services examination and fill preferences for IRS||–|
- Graduation in any stream
- Income Tax department conducts a separate selection test for all posts except those to be filled by the IRS. A good command over number and various Taxation laws and policies is a must to pass the test.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Ensure that the government receives tax from businesses and citizens
- Maintain accounts of tax from different departments
- Send notice and conduct periodic checks for frauds and other illegal activities
- Assist people in tax related problems and queries
- Investigate into claims of inability to pay taxes by researching court information for the status of liens, mortgages, or financial statements, or by locating assets through third parties
- Examine and analyze tax assets and liabilities to determine resolution of delinquent tax problems.
- Communicate with companies, lawyers, colleagues and accountants