[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WHAT ALL CAN I DO?” header_color=”#e88f1b”][/td_block_text_with_title]
Tax Assistans provide administrative assistance. Their main work involves performing tax and accounting duties where in they file taxes for the patrons of the airport they are posted on, and prepare reports and financial documents. They need to have basic understating of tax laws, in order to perform their duties.
The railway is a good career option after a degree in engineering. One can be employed as a locomotive engineer, responsible primarily for inspection of the train as well as its mechanics during the operations, or as a locomotive superintendent, who assesses the overall performance of the train as well as maintains a record of the delays in the services, if any. A third option is railroad engineer or the engine driver.
One may be employed as a train ticket examiner (TTE), ticket controller or a revenue protection inspector (RPI), responsible for patrolling the public modes of transport. Also, the RPI maintains decorum by issuing penalties to the passengers who are travelling on the train without a ticket.
The station master and the assistant station master are in- charge of the entire daily schedule of the trains arriving at and leaving from a particular station. They coordinate among the various departments such as signals and operations in order to ensure a smooth management and delivery of services. Since this requires a lot of work, big stations may have more than one station master.
Other career options in railways include track inspector, rail navigator, conductor, guard and fireman.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with PCM||Graduation in Physics, Mathematics or Chemistry||Special Class Railway Apprentices’ Examination, Civil Services Examination||–|
|Clear Class XII with Science stream||Pursue B.Tech for 4 years (any specialization)||Combined Engineering Services Examination (CES)||–|
- For SC/ ST candidates: 5 years
- For OBC candidates: 3 years
- For PWD candidates: Up to 15 years
- For Ex- Servicemen: 3 years in addition to the extent of service rendered
- For candidates with a domicile of Jammu & Kashmir (between 1980 to 1989 only): 5 years
- The degree must be obtained from a recognized institution, or one which has been approved by the AICTE.
- Information regarding the vacancies at various levels can be found on the website of the Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS).
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″]
- Maintain the trains including mechanical working and sanitation of the compartments
- Keep a track of the schedule of the trains
- Supervise the traffic control, dispatchers and cargo teams
- Provide highest level of convenience to passengers while they are travelling
- Make sure that all the safety measures are in place
- Employ the latest techniques and equipments in railway department for efficiency
- Monitor speed, air pressure, battery use, and other instruments to ensure a smooth ride