A commercial aircraft pilot operates and controls the flight and is the commander-in-chief right from take-off to landing. They carry cargo and passengers to destinations around the world. It is a challenging and more exciting career which involves lots of responsibility. Commercial pilots are selected through the NDA exam. Commercial pilot require regular training, also requires high investment and constant skill up-gradation, and they enjoy one of the high paying careers.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 – Clear Class XII in Science Stream
- Graduation – Certificate as a Licensed Pilot with a certificate program of 19-24 months (Student Pilot License, Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License) and Pursue B.Sc. Aviation
- After Graduation – Certificate as a Licensed Pilot with a certificate program of 19-24 months (Student Pilot License, Private Pilot License, Commercial Pilot License)
- Recreational Pilot Certification
- Private Pilot Certification
- Commercial Pilot Certification
Who can hire?
There is much demand for pilots in both public and private airlines.
In the arena, there are two pilots. The expert one is the captain and other is the co-pilot. In a larger aircraft, there is a 3rd pilot also present who is known as the flight engineer. However, in the automatic computerized monitoring system, maximum airlines are left with only two pilots. The captain keep observation to other team members whereas, co-pilot communicate and monitoring the system with the air traffic controllers. During take-off and landing they take extreme care. Pilots should be careful of power lines and transmission towers.