With News Agencies
Cartoonists work with various news agencies and magazine- creation firms for creating cartoons and comic strips. They create cartoons on various topics, usually covering the latest trends. They may portray the prevalent social and political issues in a humorous and satirical manner.
Magazine Creation firms
They work with various magazine-creation firms on a full- time basis. They create cartoons according to the genre of the magazine and their requirements. They use their creativity to grab the attention of the audience.
Comic Book creator
A comic book creator creates a series of cartoons portraying different scenes in the form of a story. It involves thinking of a new seen, interesting plots, etc. for each new comic. Hence, the person should be very imaginative. The work is very interesting.
An editorial cartoonist or a political cartoonist illustrates the trending social and political issues in the form of a cartoon. Their?cartoons?are related to daily news, current affairs, etc. in a national or international context.
Storyboard creators work in the television or film industry. They create a sequence of panels/ frames, used in the direction of a film. They help the directors of the show in visualizing the scene before it is actually shot.
As a freelance cartoonist
Freelance cartoonists create their work and approach various agencies. They can work with multiple agencies at a time. Alternatively, they may start their own, independent agencies and work in a totally autonomous fashion, selling their works in the form of comic books and/ or publishing them on social media platforms.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream with Fine Arts as a mandatory subject||Pursue B.F. A or B.SC/B. A Animation and Graphics for 3 – 4 years||Pursue M.A. Fine Arts/ M.A. Fine Arts and Painting for 2 years||–|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream with Fine Arts as a mandatory subject||Pursue Diploma Fine Arts/ Diploma Animation for 1 year||Pursue PG Diploma in Fine Arts/ Fine Arts and Painting||–|
|Pass Class XII in Any Stream with Fine Arts as a mandatory subject||Pursue B.F. A or B.SC/B. A Animation and Graphics for 3 – 4 years||Study Abroad and Pursue Masters in Fine Arts for 1-2 years||–|
- The candidate must have secured minimum 50% in class XII.
- For a graduation in Fine Arts, it is a mandatory subject in class XII.
- Practical, industrial experience is a must.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Combine art and innovation to create humorous characters that depict a story
- Use simple paper, pen/pencil or computer programmes for creation
- Work for magazines, newspapers, publishing house to design cartoons and other art content
- Specialise in comic strips, movie cartoons, political cartoons, cartoons for children, etc
- Be aware of colour schemes and combinations for the cartoons to look attractive
- Design cartoons keeping in mind the target audience
- Take feedback to make necessary editions in the designs developed