They provide people with a variety of services and work with people individually, evaluating their physical capabilities. They design specific programs of exercise, education and wellness for them. They also work with other health care providers to coordinate the person’s care.
Respiratory and rehabilitation are the two key areas in the ICU. Respiratory Physiotherapists help patients to clear this excess sputum. Rehabilitation Physiotherapists’ on the other hand play a vital role in maintaining and improving muscle strength and joint movement.
They provide skilled, accessible and equitable rehabilitation services for in-patients suffering from mental illness.
Physiotherapists working in Specialist Clinic (outpatient clinic), treat patients with varied conditions following injury or surgery. The problem faced by such patients is not very severe, and they come for regular sittings.
They specialize in the treatment of patients undergoing planned surgery. They also treat patients who are admitted to hospital due to a traumatic accident or incident.
- They work with children and they have the right skills and specific knowledge to deliver appropriate care and education to encourage family involvement.
They help in the therapeutic treatment of all disorders affecting the pelvis and pelvic floor.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue Bachelors in Physiotherapy for 4.5 years (4 years study + 6 months internship)||Pursue Masters in Physiotherapy for 2 years||–|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue Diploma in Physiotherapy for 3.5 years||Pursue Bachelors in Physiotherapy for 4.5 years (4 years study + 6 months internship)||Pursue Masters in Physiotherapy for 2 years|
- Most college have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII / and some of minimum 60%.
- Must have passed class 12thor senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English.
- Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit (17 at 31st December of the year of admission).
- Diploma Courses only make you eligible for assistance in physiotherapy. To practice physiotherapy, a Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy (BPT) is required.
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Help in the physical movement of the patients suffering from physical disabilities
- Understand the history of the ailment and its severity
- Perform examinations on the patient to ensure right treatment
- Use variety of treatments such as massage, exercise, heat therapy, cold therapy, etc.
- Record the history of treatment of the patient with periodic updates
- Be empathetic, caring and assertive with the patients
- Advise the client and the family for maintaining the progress
- Manage during emergent situations with basic safety measures
- Remain up to-date with the contemporary research on new techniques and technologies