It is a nursing specialty and the nurse works with patients who suffer from various conditions of the cardiovascular system.
Critical Care Pediatric Nursing
It is a branch nursing concerned with the care of infants and children. It requires knowledge of normal psychomotor, psychosocial, and cognitive growth and development, as well as of the health problems and needs of people in this age group. Preventive care and anticipatory guidance are integral to the practice of pediatric nursing.
It is a nursing specialty that is concerned with the care of patients who are critically ill or injured. Emergency nurses contact patients in the emergency department, before the physicians treat the patients.
They provide essential care to patients undergoing procedures for screening, diagnosis, and/or treatment of gastrointestinal disorder. They may specialize in endoscopy.
They work in collaboration with older adults and their families. They also work with communities to support healthy aging, promoting maximum functioning, and also improving the quality of life.
They assist the patients with brain and nervous system disorders. They monitor neurological exams, administer medication, and consult physicians on patient’s progress.
An Oncology Nurse provides care for cancer patients and those at risk for getting the disease. They monitor physical conditions, prescribe medication, and administer chemotherapy and other treatments.
Orthopedic nursing is a nursing specialty focused on the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal disorders i.e. the disorders affect the human body’s movement.
Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
- Psychiatric nursing is the specialty of nursing that cares for people of all ages suffering from mental illness or mental distress, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, psychosis, etc. They receive more training in psychological therapies, building a therapeutic alliance, and the administration of psychiatric medication.
They help patients recover from the long-term physical disabilities, or chronic illnesses. They create a recovery plan, and set short and long-term goals. They help the patient achieve as independent a lifestyle as possible.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue B.Sc. Nursing for 4 years||Pursue M.Sc. in Nursing for 2 years||–|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) for 3.5 years||–||–|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery (ANM) for 1.5 years||–||–|
- Most college have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII / and some of minimum 60%.
- Must have passed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English.
- Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit (17 at 31st December of the year of admission).
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Be Associated with the doctor, patient and the patient’s family
- Look after the needs of the patient who is incapable of doing so
- Keep an eye on the vital signs of the patient such as his blood pressure, heart rate, food intake, medications, etc.
- Facilitate the physical examinations and other tests required for the patients
- Assist the doctors during surgeries and emergencies
- Take immediate action in the absence of the doctor during emergencies
- Deal with patient with empathy and care
- Help the patient and his family to maintain proper health and hygiene