Medical Lab Technologist
Medical laboratory scientist are healthcare experts who perform chemical, immunologic, hematological, cytopathological, histopathological, bacteriological, and microscopic diagnostic analyses. The study is conducted on body fluids such as urine, blood, stool, sputum, etc. Medical laboratory scientists work in clinical laboratories at non-clinical industrial labs, physician’s offices, hospitals,biotechnology labs and reference labs.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Grade 12 –Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology.
- Graduation –Pursue B.Sc. in Medical Lab Technology or Pursue Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) in Medical Lab Technology or Pursue B.Sc. in Medical Lab Technology.
- After Graduation –Pursue M.Sc. in Medical Lab Technology or Pursue (MMLT) Masters in Medical Lab Technology or Pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Lab Technology.
- After Post graduation –Pursue M.Sc.in Medical Lab Technology.
- Associate’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
- Master’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science
Who can hire?
HospitalsLab, Physician’s Office, Medical & Diagnostic Labs, Colleges & Universities as teacher.
Various states require medical laboratory scientists be licensed; requirements differ by state, but generally, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in clinical laboratory science and pass a state exam. Intentional professional certifications are also obtainable.Medical laboratory degree programs are presented at the associate, bachelors, and master’s levels.