Blood bank technologists or Immunohematology technologists
They collect blood, classify it by type, and prepare blood and its components for transfusions.
Clinical chemistry technologists
They prepare specimens and analyze the chemical and hormonal contents of body fluids.
They prepare slides of body cells and examine these cells with a microscope for abnormalities that may signal the beginning of a cancerous growth.
They examine elements of the human immune system and its response to foreign bodies.
They examine and identify bacteria and other microorganisms.
Molecular biology technologists
They perform complex protein and nucleic acid tests on cell samples.
|Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue B.Sc. in Medical Lab Technology for 3 Years||Pursue M.Sc. in Medical Lab Technology for 2 years||–|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) in Medical Lab Technology for 3 years||Pursue (MMLT) Masters in Medical Lab Technology for 2 years||–|
|Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue B.Sc. in Medical Lab Technology for 3 years||Pursue Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Lab Technology for 1-2 years||Pursue M.Sc.in Medical Lab Technology for 2 years|
- Most college have eligibility criteria of minimum 50% aggregate marks in Class XII / and some of minimum 60%.
- Must have passed class 12th or senior secondary examination with at least 50% marks including English.
- Some colleges/ universities also have an age limit (17 at 31st December of the year of admission).
[/td_block_text_with_title][td_block_text_with_title custom_title=”WORK DESCRIPTION” header_color=”#dd3333″ separator=”” tdc_css=””]
- Assist the doctor by testing body fluids of the patients
- Evaluate samples of blood, urine, tissue culture, etc., for infections
- Operate different equipments and machines to obtain accurate data
- Calibrate and analyse reports of the patients
- Discuss the results drawn with the doctor to help the patient with right treatment
- Handle the large amount of diverse samples with precision and care
- Explain the procedure of testing to the staff members
- Supervise the maintenance of the laboratory with proper sanitation
- Perform duties in line with the ethical standards